The Institute offers support to Intelligence students and researchers in the form of an unofficial membership package available for the duration of their enrolment in an accredited Intelligence degree at a recognised university or on an approved training qualification.
The membership does not confer official status or access to the benefits of registration, however, to a limited degree the membership affords non-preferential:
- Assistance with insurance for exercises or assessments: If undertaking training and readiness exercises with the Institute in order to augment studies with professional development, the Institute will provide guidance on obtaining the necessary insurance and legal assistance.
- Expert advice and interviews for research purposes: When producing a thesis or dissertation, original sources can be difficult to locate. Securing their consent and cooperation can be even more complicated. However, the Institute is in an ideal position to arrange interviews with registrants in support of their research.
- Access to student-only events and networking opportunities: The Institute can arrange networking events across Europe to help connect students with similar research and professional interests.
- Proof-reading and academic advisory services: The Institute offers proof-reading services to student members at a nominal surplus fee. Documents must be supplied and feedback provided electronically.
- Professional advice in securing your first intelligence role: If you are seeking a career in government, academia, the private sector and more, the directing staff can provide useful insights into the recruitment and selection preferences of various European organisations.
- Access to library resources: Preferential access to library resources is afforded to registrants. However, with sufficient notice and a specific query our staff may be able to assist you with literary sources for your research.
Student membership is available from €350 for Level 8 (Doctoral) programmes of 3 years F/T or 6 years P/T, €175 for Level 7 (Masters) programmes of 2 years F/T or 5 years P/T, €150 for Level 6 (Bachelor) programmes of 4 years F/T or 10 years P/T and €125 for Level 1-5 (Vocational) programmes of 1 year F/T or 2 years P/T.
Unless the student is pursuing a technical intelligence charter/certification recognised by the Institute, students will be required to renew membership if their studies are extended beyond the indicated permissible period or they begin a new course of study. However, a limited student membership is provided to all students and graduates of Institute accredited training.